Uploading/Downloading Data with Cyberduck¶
Cyberduck is a free cross-platform, high-throughput and parallel data transfer open source file transfer program which is used to download/upload files and directories from/to the CyVerse Data Store. ## Prerequisites
Downloads, access, and services¶
In order to complete this tutorial you will need access to the following services/software
|CyVerse account||You will need a CyVerse account to complete this exercise||Register|
|Cyberduck||Stand alone software for upload/download to Data Store||Download|
Step 1. Configure Cyberduck for use with the Data Store (one-time only)¶
- Click to to download the Connection Profile, which contains preconfigured settings for using Cyberduck with the CyVerse Data Store.
- Click to open the downloaded iPlant Data Store.cyberduckprofile file
- Verify iPlant Data Store is displayed in the first field
- In the Nickname field, enter data.iplantcollaborative.org – iRODS
Step 2. Logging in user CyVerse credentials¶
- Open Cyberduck.
- Click Open Connection and in the drop-down list, click the iPlant Data Store
- Log in to Cyberduck and enter your CyVerse user name and password and click Login.
Step 3. Downloading a file or folder from the Data Store¶
- Double click the file or folder to download.The file is downloaded to your default download folder.
Step 4. Uploading a file or folder to the Data Store¶
- Click the Cyberduck File menu and then click Upload.
- Click the file or folder to upload and then click Upload. The item is uploaded to your Home folder.
More help and additional information¶
More information about uploading and downloading files and folders usign Cyberduck can be found here